Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Blog #0: Introduction



Email address: shoffmann@tamu.edu

Class standing: Senior (4th year)

Why are you taking this class? I have heard good things about it from people in this class in previous semesters, and it fit in my schedule well.

What experience do you bring to this class? I have experience with multiple programming languages on various types of projects from both high school and college courses, and I work as a peer teacher for the freshman-level courses so I'm pretty good with C++.

What do you expect to be doing in 10 years? In 10 years, I expect to have gotten a Master's degree and to be working as a software programmer.

What do you think will be the next biggest technological advancement in computer science? I think there will be some big advancements in machine learning, especially since neuron mapping is having some successes.

If you could travel back in time, who would you like to meet? I would want to meet Albert Einstein, so I could maybe learn a few things and see for myself if he really was just as weird as it's rumored that he was.

What is your favorite style of mustache? I don't have a favorite style of mustache, so I'll just say handlebar, because it's the only one I know the name of.


If you could be fluent in any foreign language, which one would it be? I think it would be cool to be fluent in German, so you could go around saying nice things to people while sounding angry. Plus, it just sounds like a very interesting language to know.

An interesting fact about myself: I am minoring in physics, and I can no longer remember why.

No comments:

Post a Comment